USA-Cruise-Europe-Day 8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
April 14th 2009
Published: May 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 8



Our Flight arrived at Indianapolis before 3 am in the morning, our next flight to Orlando was not scheduled for departure until 8 am.







It was a long time to wait, but you really couldn't sleep, so we just sat or wandered around the transit lounge. Later in the morning we ate some breakfast before boarding the flight.







When we left Indianapolis at 8 am they warned us the weather could be bad in Orlando. About an hour into the flight, they made an annoucement that the Orlando airport was closed due to Tornado alert, so they diverted our flight to another Airport at West Palm Beach.

After some 2 & 1/2 hours later they gave us the all clear to proceed to Orlando (after waiting in the plane all that time). As soon as we took off we could see off to the west how black the sky was. When we closer to Orlando there was a lot of thick cloud & we encountered air pockets & the flight was very bumpy until we landed (thankfully it was only a half-hour flight from West Palm Beach).

That experience put me off flying again (I was just getting confident again!).

When we arrived in Orlando it was raining. We picked up our very big transport vehicle, drove to a shopping centre & had lunch at Giordanos Pizza restaurant.









Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb