Goodbye to Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
January 26th 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SkywritingSkywritingSkywriting

A new way to spread the word, I guess.
Since we used up our remaining theme park tickets and the weather turned nasty, we've been relaxing for a couple of days, planning the long journey ahead. We picked up our car today and treated ourselves to an upgrade - not a good start to our 'budget' adventure, but at least we'll be travelling in comfort for the next 56 days. It's an infamous 'SUV' - a new Toyota Highlander. I'll plant a couple of trees when we get to Perth to make up for that one...

We also took advantage of the exchange rate and did some shopping. Yesterday we found a bargain in-car DVD player to amuse CJ on long days of driving. And I bought some cold climate clothing due to the fact that I forgot we were coming to a cold climate.

Today it was back to Disney Marketplace for some last-minute mouse-related souvenirs and then I took CJ to the local park. There was a strange man there with his children loudly telling anyone who would listen about his divorce and subsequent quest for love, so we didn't stay long.

We resisted the temptation to go out for a meal on our last
CJ's new toyCJ's new toyCJ's new toy

TV the size of a car, and he prefers the 7 inch.
night in an effort to keep the kitchen clean, and opted instead to try and use up the last ingredients in the cupboard. It's amazing what you can make with stale bread, cheese, a tin of corn, a tiny tin of baked beans and some left-over salsa dip. I now have about 14 hours to wash and dry clothes, pack, try to get the villa back to a reasonably clean state and, uh, sleep.

Looking forward to getting onto Highway 1 tomorrow towards Miami! With any luck we'll find motels with wireless internet and I can continue to post more entries along the way.

Signing off from Orlando! x

ps. I think if you subscribe to the blog, it'll send you an email whenever I add a new entry.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Nic's tattooNic's tattoo
Nic's tattoo

Oh yeah. In other news, Nic got a tattoo.
TiggerTigger
Tigger

Always a photo op at Disney.


27th January 2007

Tattoo
Well Nic, there goes your chance for looking like a first-time sucker playing poker!
28th January 2007

Jealousy
Ashlin just saw the picture of Calvin with "Tigger and Piglet" and wanted to know all about who the little boy was and where did he live... Can't say i'm jealous of Nic's tatoo though - looks like it might of hurt!!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb