Disney World, Orlando Florida


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


As with any vacation PLANNING is so very important. Going to Disneyworld was a dream come true to me, my wife and our 2 youngest daughters but the months before we went was the most important part to this trip. We had to decide first off how long we are going to be there, where we were going to stay, will we need a rental car. Some givens are plane tickets since we don't live in Florida, and park tickets......uh we are going here for the theme parks and the Magic Kingdom. So here are some things we choose:

Length of stay: 2 weeks - turned out to be the perfect amount of time, we were able to spread out our park time so we did not get burned out and had the all-important relax time. Without a little relax time you can get burnt out and then a little cranky.

Where to stay: We choose to stay off property for the savings. We were able to get a 5 bedroom house with a pool and Jacuzzi for under $1800.00 for the 2 weeks we were there. We made breakfast before heading out most days, we are on vacation so eating out is always part of it but eating at the house every once in a while did save us some money.

Parks: You got to get park hoppers, they allow you to go from one park to another in one day and at Disneyworld a lot of the parks are connected one way or another. Magic Kingdom and Epcot have the monorail system between them and the busses go from one park to another all day long.

We also recommend bringing a backpack with snacks and water. The days in Florida can be warm so having some water available is a must. Also snacks can get expensive so having some from outside the park is very helpful and cheaper.

There are packages you can buy that include snacks and meals, we felt it was not worth it doe us. Always check because what was not right for us could be the right thing to do for you.

In the picture section are some photos of my family at Walt Disney World. In the Map section there is a map I made some points on. We stayed in Champions Gate in a vacation rental, the other points of interest are a Walmart that looks far away but was only a 20 minute car ride away. We went there our first night to get supplies for the house and snacks and bottle of water for the parks. I also pointed out Magic Kingdom, Down Town Disney, Epcot center, and Disney Hollywood Studios.

Publix is a local grocery store chain that is also convenient and cheaper than buying food in the parks. There is one in Champions Gate and they are scatted throughout the Orlando area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb