We are HERE!!!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
January 29th 2012
Published: January 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Heading outHeading outHeading out

at the airport
We made it!

Our resort, Disney's Polynesian Resort, is wonderful. Feels like we are in a tropical island, not at Disney World. We are in the Fiji Longhouse, right on the marina. The Volcano Pool is just across the way and we are close to the Monorail line. Couldn't have asked for a better location. 1st floor room too!

We got checked-in and the boys were able to take a quick dip in the pool. It was a little chilly, (only 69 degrees this afternoon).

Tonight we had reservations at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. We rode the monorail there. They boys loved that. Ben kept saying, "we are flying!" We were earlier than our reservation, and got right in. They take your picture, which yes, I got sucked into buying (hey! I got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas.) and it was a great picture of the 4 of us. We had a window table. Overlooking the seven seas lagoon and Magic Kingdom. We were able to see the castle from our table.

The food was good and hot. The characters, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto all stopped by and signed the boys' autographbooks. They loved having the interaction with the characters, even Ben was talking to them.

We are all getting ready for bed and our day tomorrow at Magic Kingdom. Seeing the castle is first on Ben's list.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Disney's Polynesian ResortDisney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort

Great location: close to the pool, close to the Monorail, close to the Ceremonial House
The viewThe view
The view

Here is the view of the Marina looking at the Volcano pool
Meeting PlutoMeeting Pluto
Meeting Pluto

All hugs!
Dinner at Chef Mickey'sDinner at Chef Mickey's
Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Great table and view


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb