First Grandchild


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orange Park
January 23rd 2010
Published: January 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Daddy's Little ManDaddy's Little ManDaddy's Little Man

Andrew Jefferson being held by Joshua Fredrik. A very proud moment!
This is a strange title for a blog about travel. But we are proud new grandparents. Our first born, Joshua, and his wife, Jen, had their first child and our first grandchild, Andrew Jefferson, on January 7. Mother, child and father are all doing fine. So why the travel blog?
We arranged to go see them long ago, when we first found out. (Actually, last year when we visited, but we couldn't put it in the blog then because they hadn't told everyone yet.) This next week Josh is off on vacation, so we arranged to go visit. Our daughter, Kim, really, REALLY wanted to go see her nephew, so she decided to take a week and join us.
At first we were going to drive down and stay in the guest room. The Toyota gets @40-45 mpg--good move. But with Kim coming, Trish and I would opt to stay at a motel. When we figured the cost, and the comfort, we decided to get the RV out of winter storage and we'd go in that. Now that has led to it's own adventure.
When we went to get the coach out, we tried to start it and discovered the battery was dead. After jump starting and having it tested, we learned we needed a new coach battery. A $100+ later, the coach ran fine. But the lights would not come on inside. So it was off to the RV man, Alan, out in Culpepper. He checked and found both house batteries were bad. He also gave an inspection and saw caulking that was bad. I had not checked it and touched up in the fall. So Alan replaced the batteries, recaulked all windows and seams on the sides and the roof, and gave a courtesy inspection of fluids, tire pressure, etc. and declared the coach fit to drive to FL. (All for the low, low price of @ $500.)
We brought the coach home, added water to the tank, cleaned it, added clothes, food, and fuel. So tomorrow AM bright and early, Kim drives over from Martinsburg, WV, and off we head to see Andrew, Jen and Josh. Here's a preview pix of the newest family member.
We'll have more later and you can count on seeing photos!! (I want to take a picture of Kim driving the RV.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb