More Waves and Bouncy Rides


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Navarre
November 29th 2010
Published: November 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning was drizzly and gray, the wind was blustery, but the temp was pretty warm.

We saw porpoises around Bear Point and more near Pensacola. At Pensacola the wind was really blowing and the rollers coming in through the cut from the Gulf of Mexico rocked us pretty good. We were relieved to get into merely choppy waters again. It remained choppy all afternoon in varying degrees. The wind has been out of the south and southeast, and in the more open areas we bounced through some pretty steep waves.

We are anchored in a semi-sheltered spot between Pensacola and Ft. Walton Beach. Sara and Trevor got a good set on their anchor and so did we. Both boats are getting a lot of spin action from the winds which are gusting to 25. We are supposed to get thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow, then colder tomorrow night. We plan to head for a marina around Ft. Walton tomorrow, about 25 or 30 miles east.

We are all fine, actually Sara and Trevor seem to do better in the waves than we do. I guess it's their deeper keel.

No pictures today, not even the lighthouse at Pensacola. It's hard to take pictures when you're holding onto the computer with one hand and using the other to keep your seat. More tomorrow.

Advertisement



30th November 2010

Good to hear you are okay. Weather reports were looking rough.
30th November 2010

Choctawhatchee Bay
If you are going to get to a marina in Ft Walton tomorrow, you may well be paset us before we can get home. We're leaving here ( Middlebury, VT) Tuesday AM early and will stop for the night somewhere in VA, hopefull Wytheville. Expect to get back to DFS sometime late on Wed. If you are still int he area then, give us a call at 850-892-7711 - - would love to see ya'll! We want to see what sea legs look like !! Ha!

Tot: 0.443s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 73; dbt: 0.3117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb