Everglades City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Naples
January 29th 2005
Published: January 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

“ I don’t believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive “
Joseph Campbell




Well we are leaving the Keys this morning, but promise to return. We stopped at the World Wide Sport Shop, great place to shop for sport/fishing stuff. We picked up the Tamiami Trail and went back into the Everglades, to Everglade City. We took the boat ride in the Florida Bay among the ten thousand islands. Our trip included a dolphin sighting, it seems the dolphins like to swim behind the waves made by motorboats. They are such graceful creatures and seem so happy.
Our evening was in Naples, where he had a super Brazilian meal and decided to go to the movies. “Meet the Fockers” was a light funny movie that made us both laugh. We spent the night in Walmart parking area.


January 30, Sunday.Work Day in Ospery Florida




" Life is 10%!w(MISSING)hat you make it, and 90%!h(MISSING)ow you you take it.”
Irvine Berlin




We left the Walmart in Naples and began a necessary organization day. We made some purchases at Walmart, and moved onto Albertson for groceries, a stop at the boat shop and we had a crash course in a Garmin 2620 a GPS for the Bothan. A wonderful device that may help us not get lost so often. Back on the interstate we drove up to Osprey and stayed at the Oscar Sherer State Park. We began multi-tasking, I started the laundry and Bob found a wonderful internet café, 24/7 to continue entries for the blog. Like a turtle, having your house with you makes things easy, so we made diner and returned to the café to catch up on emails, etc.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.69s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 35; qc: 191; dbt: 0.3367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb