All Aboard


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
May 1st 2016
Published: September 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today is the day. After months of planning today is the day, this is our very first cruise. I have no idea what to expect very much looking forward to the experience and seeing our friends. We opted for a 930am arrival at the Port of Miami, we thought we would get checked in and then explore the ship and get some good pictures before it was over run with people. Check in was pretty smooth and then we were sent to the holding area to wait. We waited and waited, not sure what the hold up was but it seemed like there was a snag with customs or something like that. A lot of official people going on the ship and some employees coming off the ship. It delayed the process and they stopped checking people in until it was resolved. We were the lucky ones inside in the AC with beverages, by the time we got on board around 1pm we were all starving. We ran for the buffet first thing, lots of selection and really hungry passengers. Everyone had the same Idea. Once we ate we all felt a whole lot better and then it was time to grab a Pina colada and grab a seat by the pool. The mood was very festive and it was party time.

It wasn't very long and we were able to go to our state room. We spent the extra and got a balcony, It was nice to be able to go outside relax with a coffee in the morning, watch the ship arrive in port from our room. Nice to hear the ocean. I would recommend it. Norwegian was very fast to get our bags to our room. I big tip that I found was to make sure to pack a day bag with Swimsuits sunscreen cover up to make sure you are ready to enjoy the ship while you wait for your bags. Today was all about exploring the ship figuring out where things were. Enjoying the great food and service. Sea Day tomorrow making our way to Roatan, Honduras.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Atrium LightingAtrium Lighting
Atrium Lighting

Beautiful and changed colours
Our StateroomOur Stateroom
Our Stateroom

A lot more space that I would have thought


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb