Back to sunny Miami, Florida, USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
March 9th 2014
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

All week we have been saying we would try the breakfast at the platinum restaurant, but have never managed to fit it in. Today we managed to get there. We both agreed that it was far too formal for us for breakfast. Enforced communication with strangers appears to the name of the game. We prefer buffet style of the Lido restaurant. Basic is fine by us, most of the time.

The ship docked at about 7.00 am this morning in Miami port and we were called to disembark at about 9.00 am. Once disembarked, there were baggage carousels with all the bags on them.

There was an unfortunate loss of a Malaysian Airlines plane a couple of days ago, so the security was very high indeed. Our thoughts and concerns are still with those missing on board. As we write this on Friday 15/3/2014, they were still looking for the plane. As a result of this, there will undoubtedly be more poignant changes coming up for worldwide aviation security / travel. Apparently, there were three passengers on board with stolen passports. The plane commenced its journey at KLP, Malaysia and was bound for Beijing International. The initial search area was quickly narrowed down considerably, but has recently been extended considerably due to the ongoing bizarre circumstances of the disappearance.

Due primarily to the missing plane the queues through Customs were long, busy and frustrating considering how smoothly everything else had run. It took us one and a half hours to get through here.

We then took the shuttle back to Miami International airport and then back to the Ramada hotel.

Following a quick local shopping trip for essentials in Walgreens and other stores, we had dinner in Fuddruckers again.

We had to repack both suitcases so that all the liquids were in the main bags in order to fly by air. Our experienced packing skills definitely came into play today. Re-packing achieved in just one hour five minutes.

No Internet access here today for reasons covered in an above blog.

We retired for an early up at 6.00 am for our flight from Miami International to St Maarten.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb