MIAMI, USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
April 13th 2012
Published: May 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

El Salvador - Miami


After a lovely week on the beach in El Salvador we headed up to Miami which proved to be the cheapest flight tickets we could get from Central America to Colombia. We only had one night in Miami but we had a great time and managed to squeeze a lot into our time there.

Straight from our overnight flight from El Salvador with almost zero sleep we headed to the Miami Open Men’s Tennis Final between Andy Murray & Novak Djokovich. We did not have tickets but we thought we would give it a go and were lucky enough to find some tickets on the door. It was a beautiful day sat in the stadium with 14,000 people and a great afternoon of tennis which Djokovich won. We were sat with some Colombians and as we were heading to Colombia next they were very happy to give us lots of tips and places to visit when we get there. Perfect!

When checking the ‘whats on’ listings in Miami for that weekend we found out that this years ‘Wrestlemania’ was being held the very same evening as the Tennis. Again we didn’t have tickets for the Wrestling but after the tennis finished we thought we would try our luck and headed to the Sun Life Statium where Wrestlemania was being held. Everything worked perfectly and again we were lucky to find tickets on the door. We hadn’t watched wrestling since we used to watch it as kids but it was such a funny night.

There was 80,000 crazed wrestling addicts in the stadium sporting there wrestling T shirts, the whole evening was so animated and we did not stop laughing. We couldn’t believe some of the same guys we watched when we were kids were still going when clearly they can’t be too far from drawing their pensions!

Mike Tyson made an appearance as did Puff Daddy and tons of famous wrestling stars such as the Undertaker, the Rock, John Cena and lots more. Were we TOTALLY shattered after we finished the night and finally got to our hostal. We felt like we could have slept for a week but that was not to be as we had an early morning flight to catch the next morning to Bogota, the capital of Colombia, where we start our time in South America.


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th May 2012

Miami, USA
This is great! The photos show your extraordinary experiences...

Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 91; dbt: 0.2653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb