Those Pink Cases Are NOT Mine


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
August 15th 2008
Published: November 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Miami Art-Deco at NightMiami Art-Deco at NightMiami Art-Deco at Night

A night-time view of the art-deco buildings when we arrived in Miami
I was very self-conscious wheeling our cases back to the car. My wife and daughter both had bright pink cases and, given the size of the gat community here, I'm sure everyone was making the office connection.

We left Key West and drove back all the way along Route One to Miami. Driving into Miami was the first time we drove on roads that were even partially busy. We were also cut-up a couple of times, but given that it was Miami and the people doing it were covered in bling, we decided that we would save any road-rage for the relative safety of the English Home Counties as it wasn’t worth getting shot for.

We had a night in Miami before flying back to the UK, so we stayed in the South Beach area. The beach was absolutely fantastic as it was long, wide and very clean. There were also the Baywatch style lifeguard towers all the way along it and we could see the orange floats that the Baywatch lifeguards always had with them hanging on each tower.

We also went to Ocean Drive in the evening, which was very happening and also had all the
More Miami Art-Deco at NightMore Miami Art-Deco at NightMore Miami Art-Deco at Night

Another view of the Miami South Beach seafront
art-deco architecture that the area is famous for. There was a lot Beach Volleyball going on, which we watched for a while now that we had seen it in the Olympics.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb