Moving on Up


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Long Key
January 22nd 2013
Published: January 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

KerryKerryKerry

taking a walk in the ocean
Tuesday, 22 January, 2013

Sunday we had to move campsites, from site 53 to site 57, a short easy move. One would think. The folks in site 57 were in no hurry as they were only moving down to site 14. Checkout is at one and Kerry had a softball game at two, so we were feeling a bit rushed to get moved. To top that off, Herb and Pam were coming down and we weren’t sure when they would get here, where we would be, etc. We really wanted to leave the park by one, but the guy in our site didn’t pull out until 1:10, so again we leveled, unhooked, plugged in and left for the ball field.

There was a big turnout of players for the game so they decided to play 9 innings instead of the usual 7 so that everyone would get opportunities to bat. The game really went pretty quickly in spite of the extra innings because there were so many players in the outfield that base hits were in short supply. Nevertheless, bleacher butt had set in before the game was over.

Afterwards Herb, Pam, Kerry and I went to Keys
this morning's sunrisethis morning's sunrisethis morning's sunrise

I woke up, glanced out the window, saw this sunrise and rushed out to take a picture. It was glorious.
Fisheries for dinner. I finally got my lobster reuben and Kerry his soft shell crab. Herb and Pam followed us back to the camper so they could experience the beauty of Long Key SP before they had to head back up to the big city.

Monday we took the dirty laundry into Marathon, where we had to pay $4.50 per load for the washers and $1.75 per dryer load. At least we now have clean clothes. Then groceries and back to the camp.

This morning was another ball game and another good turnout ( I think 25 showed up.) Kerry finally hit the ball well and now is sore from running the bases. I guess flying out is not so bad after all.

We happy-houred with new friends this evening and had a good time there.

And so another day in paradise closes quietly. Sorry there isn’t anything really interesting to post, but we are here to relax and we’re making the most of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Photo-bombing EgretPhoto-bombing Egret
Photo-bombing Egret

I was taking Kerry's picture when this egret walked across in front of me.
Pam and HerbPam and Herb
Pam and Herb

at Keys Fisheries


23rd January 2013
Kerry

Kerry, your shirt is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd January 2013
this morning's sunrise

Glorious is right.
23rd January 2013
Photo-bombing Egret

Picture perfect, Charlie!!!!!
23rd January 2013

Uncle Herby sure looks happy!
23rd January 2013

what a wonderful sunrise!!!! hello you two, love ya

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb