Happy, Happy Birthday, Cory


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Kissimmee
April 1st 2015
Published: April 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

The Birthday Boy: CoryThe Birthday Boy: CoryThe Birthday Boy: Cory

Happy Birthday, Buck!
Not doing birthdays anymore .... We've had enough. So just forget Cory's Birthday........that is just how it is to be! No more singing, no more candles, no more cake....nothing!

APRIL FOOL..... Did I get you? Probably not but I tried.



Happy, Happy Birthday, Cory: your Special Day is here (or was): March 30th.

Geez....now this is bad. I didn't even get Cory's special day....his birthday, published on the correct day. So, as I try to catch up, if all of you can pick up your pace and just keep up with me....that will be good. Needless to say, our routine has become busier now that our families have joined us. Not a lot of free time to just sit down and compose my blogs. It makes me nauseous if I try to do it in the car plus my typing finger jumps all over the place with every bump hit. Spastic. What trials and tribulations I have...right?



March 30th (1944): Cory Edward Guenter was born in Kane, Pennsylvania. What happiness and joy he has brought into the lives of so many; especially his family and friends. What a difference he has made in
Cory, Sam & SandyCory, Sam & SandyCory, Sam & Sandy

At Cracker Barrel
the lives of his family and I am sure so many others. He received many Birthday Wishes on his Facebook page which made him very HAPPY on March 30th. As always, his family and friends wanted to make his day a special one.... because he is so special and loved. You all succeeded. Thank you, everyone.



Our dear friends, Sam & Sandy, began his celebration party day with the promise of a birthday breakfast at Egg City Restaurant (next to Manny's). We had a pleasant drive over to Rt.27. The sky was a true Florida blue, the temperature was a comfortable 76, the traffic was moderate and the 4 Musketeers were ready for a special, fun day. WHAAAAT??? We arrived at Egg City and only two cars parked along the side! Not normal by any means. Certainly, Sam & Sandy didn't reserve the whole restaurant just for Cory....or did they? Maybe...? The obvious answer was on the wall...rather the door: Open Tues.-Sun. Today, March 30th, Cory's 71st Birthday, is Monday. It was like pulling up to the Griswold's "Walley World" and finding it closed. We just sat there stunned. Who would have thought? Definitely, not us! Our drool juices came to an abrupt halt. No problem, there are 589 other restaurants close by to go to. Licking our wounds, we said a tearful good-bye to this shuttered & abandoned structure (on this day) known as Egg City and headed down the road. Now, the next dilemma to solve....eeny, meeny, miny, mo...where, oh where, shall we go? When there are so many choices...it becomes a real challenge. The problem was quickly solved. There, on the horizon, loomed one of Cory's favorite restaurants: The Cracker Barrel. Great food, atmosphere and gift shop. We skidded into the parking lot and skipped merrily into the fancy food house. Cory ordered his favorite breakfast and we were all happy, especially Cory. More you say? Oh, Yes......



Once back at the RV, Sam gave Cory a Target bag with a small item he said he had picked up for him. That was so nice of him. OMG...it wasn't a Target toy...it was one of Sam's special, one-of-kind cannons that he had made just for Cory. It's a real beauty. Cory has watched quietly as Sam has presented me, his family and friends with their own, specially made cannons....all with a
Cory's special cannonCory's special cannonCory's special cannon

Thank you, Sam
message in the parts Sam uses to craft these fantastic creations. Now, Cory has His own cannon. Sandy said it is the biggest one that Sam has ever made....that's special. Oh, Happy Day! Parts used in this cannon were made in New York. Sam is always thinking with his vivid imagination what he wants in his cannon when he does his skilled craft. Remember, I've told you about Sam...aka: Sam, the Cannon Making Man. What a guy. We have personally witnessed the determined and unyielding effort that he puts forth as he travels through hundreds of flea markets....all on the unending search for parts for his cannons. His trusty scooter carries him from one end of a huge, dusty field to another......his eagle eye always on the lookout for that one particular trinket that he carefully wraps and tucks safely into his carry basket......waiting to become a part of another metal miracle. Sam likes to do a "Show & Tell" after he has uncovered his finds. He kept the parts to Cory's cannon a secret. Sam sets up his "factory" on his picnic table outside their RV. He pulls out the under compartment slide holding his assembly line of parts
Jeff, Judy & CoryJeff, Judy & CoryJeff, Judy & Cory

Stopped by with Birthday Wishes
and tools. His workshop is ready. This clever elf now begins his tedious and careful process of creating his unique piece of art. His results are the ultimate in steampunk. He does not stop until it is perfect and that his personal message is seen within its completion. Cory is so happy and appreciative of this special treasure made and given to him by his best friend, Sam. We both say: "Thank you, Sam & Sandy, for making Cory's birthday a Happy and Fun Day. We are so fortunate to have you both as our dear friends." I wish you all could meet Sam & Sandy. They would be your good friends, also. It's just the way they are....like you have known them forever. No matter where we are or what we are doing, if we are with the two of them, we are happy. We could be in a swamp hole and still have fun. We would just look at it as just a new adventure shared with good friends.



Our families wanted to do something special to celebrate Cory's big day. If you ask him what and where he likes to eat, more often than
Birthday Feast at Five GiysBirthday Feast at Five GiysBirthday Feast at Five Giys

A true celebration
not, his answer will be Five Guys! He's easy. Okay....so that was the plan. We would have his feast at Five Guys. The day got busier so Cory, being the thoughtful person he is, suggested we just get "Wendy's" and bring it back to the condos. No way......his daughters are a lot like their parents: occasionally quite stubborn. Lory goes quiet ( like me); Kim takes charge (like Cory). We were going to Five Guys....even if they had to stuff their father into the car trunk as stated by Kim. Therefore....we rounded up our boatload of people (Jay's friend, Rick, and his daughter, Ella, had come over for a visit....they were also here in Florida) and headed off to the closest 5 G's. The GPS took us to the Prime Outlet Mall at the end of International Drive....in their Food Court. We shoved multiple tables and chairs together to seat all 11 of us.....11 1/2 if you count Lulu and we should. She certainly wasn't go to miss out on the festivities of this special day. The bags and bags and bags of food covered the tables...it was like a big Thanksgiving dinner that consisted of hamburgers and French fries.
Huge Bungee RideHuge Bungee RideHuge Bungee Ride

Grandkids getting on & off ride
It was delicious. AND festive......we were ALL Happy and I know Cory was the Happiest. I am now visibly upset, though, we forgot to sing Happy Birthday......before everyone goes home, we shall have to get our choral group together and sing to him. I love singing Happy Birthday...I'm never in tune but I'm loud. Lulu reminded me of this tragic oversight...thank you, Lu.

The fun and frolic didn't end here...oh, no. Remember, we live in a RV park right behind a place called Old Town ( tourist trap shops and restaurants & bars). They also have really big Car/ Cruise Shows on certain nights as well as frequent musical entertainment. Adjacent to it is an amusement park called Fun Spot. They have many fun rides for all ages here. Of course, the rides our grandchildren want to go on are the biggest and deadliest. So birthday boy's final social activity was spent at Fun Spot watching his grandchildren risk their lives for an adrenalin thrill.......yikes! Al & Brittany were the first to go on this horrible, life-threatening thrill ride called the Sky Coaster. It is a bungee jump with a drop of 300 feet. Nice, huh? They lie on
Old Town Old Town Old Town

Hero = Cory
a mat, get strapped on, and are hoisted high into the sky until they are a mere speck in the heavens...nothing life-like can be seen. Then...pull the cord and down you go......a million miles an hour, 300 feet down and become a swinging pendulum that seems unending. Puke! Al & Brittany had already done para-sailing here in Florida so they were just confirming their daring ways....or craziness. You can decide what you might call it. Now the young girls, our granddaughter Sara and her friend, Ashlynn, strode up to the death box that strapped them onto the same mat as Al & Brittany......the one that would shoot them up to this same stomach turning, throat yelling, brain scarring adventure. AND they did it..unbelievable. Too much to even witness. Lory bought the video tape to confirm and reference their uncanny choice in rides. What happened to the Merry-Go-Round and Ferris Wheel? Ah, to be young and foolish again!

Okay, folks.....enough for now. We still want to meet you at Universal Studios one more time. So put your good walking shoes on (except for Lulu) and stretch those hiking muscles ( except for Lulu)....we are going again! See you there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Ella & Rick KaneElla & Rick Kane
Ella & Rick Kane

Friends from Wellsville
FamilyFamily
Family

At Fun Spot


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb