Landlubbers In Search of Land


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key West
February 14th 2015
Published: March 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 4: Kit Ship's Log--Weather: forecast to be partly cloudy, high around 70 with northerly winds and 2 foot seas--Sick Bay Report: Captain Steve still bent over with back pain, Dan's cold almost gone, Bob's right shoulder still hurting and useless. It's Valentine's Day!





This morning during our daily briefing with Capt. Steve, we all decided on going back to Stock Island for the evening. Tomorrow would be our last day of sailing. Capt. Steve had other suggestions, but we wanted to walk around on land again. Kathy provided another great breakfast before we got going. We were able to go under sail again. It really is peaceful.



On the way, we passed by a very pretty island where they filmed the old TV show, McHale's Navy, starring Ernest Borgnine. It's one of the shows I never missed when I was a kid. The trip was otherwise uneventful. Since it was once again a pretty, sunny day, everyone relaxed on the front deck at times. Dan and I kept wearing down the stock of beer and everyone took turns napping all over the boat.



When we arrived at the marina on Stock Island, we took advantage of the marina's bathroom and shower facilities. After that, Kathy served up another outstanding dinner of Jambalaya and a delicious dessert of a frozen chocolate mousse. Marilyn and Dan shared a nice bottle of red wine and Jan and I had a bottle of Riesling. What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's Day.









Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



4th March 2015

Treasure
Ask the skipper for buried treasure tips!
7th March 2015

Day 4
I loved McHail's Navy-thanks for the memory. Glad you are enjoying sailing the Keys.
19th March 2015

Happy VD!
Do you ever stop having fun?!
19th March 2015

Having Fun
The only time I stop having fun is April 15th...TAX DAY!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb