Key West


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key West
January 14th 2011
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday morning the wind was pretty strong and the skies overcast. We thought about begging off the trip to Key West, but finally decided to go. The bus trip down was fine, it got a little crowded the last few miles, but the scenery was quite pleasant. Our bus route ended at Searstown, so we did a little shopping and Sara called Annika, a Navy friend of Michael’s from Guam. She lives in Key West and had come up to visit while the whole family was down.

Annika picked us up and took us to lunch on the waterfront, then drove us around some. She took us to the southernmost point, where we took a few pictures (actually the only pics we took in Key West.) She drove us down Duval Street then to her place nearby. From there we walked down Duval, down the waterfront, and to Mallory Square. A lot of walking, but an interesting place to see.

While we were walking, Trevor got a text from Delta Airlines that his flight had been cancelled. He spent some time on hold trying to get hold of the airlines, then finally caught a bus to the airport to
Southernmost PointSouthernmost PointSouthernmost Point

Sara and Trevor in Key West
talk face to face with the ticket agent. They finally rescheduled him for Sunday, returning Saturday, shortening his trip by one day. He met us back at Searstown for the bus ride back to Marathon.

It was a very long day, somewhat disappointing (for Trevor,) and we all arrived back exhausted. Sara and Kerry were still sore from playing softball on Tuesday, and the walking did nothing to ease their stiffness. We missed the meet and greet at the marina, but will try to make the next one.

Thursday, the ball players were still too sore to play and the wind was still roaring, so we spent the morning lazing around. Trevor and I dinghied in to the marina after lunch where I showered then traded in some books while Trevor internetted.

This morning my brother, Herb, is picking me up and I’ll spend a week with my mother in Miami Springs. The wind is still pretty strong and it howled all night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Charlie and KerryCharlie and Kerry
Charlie and Kerry

Southernmost Point
Boot Key SunsetBoot Key Sunset
Boot Key Sunset

another spectacular one
SunsetSunset
Sunset

aren't these clouds amazing


14th January 2011

Gorgeous sunsets......and warmer than our 10 degrees at the first of this week up here.
15th January 2011

Key West
Bob got himself an ipod. He was showing me how it works here in the house. He pulled up your blog and started looking at the pictures, which are beautiful. The one with Sarah holding a fish caught our eye. Of course, we were looking at it on a screen two inches by four inches. It wasn't until I got the blog up on the computer that I saw Sarah was standing in one of those silly boards with holes in it----fun. Glad you're having such a good time, you deserve it after all the rough water you've been through. Have a good time at your Mom's---give her an extra hug from me!!!
20th January 2011

wow wow wow ! hi there

Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 68; dbt: 0.2182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb