Visiting Joe in Jupiter


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jupiter
February 25th 2016
Published: February 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Joe EdgleyJoe EdgleyJoe Edgley

Our dear friend
An enthusiastic air surrounded us as we jumped aboard our black buggy. Buckle up, everyone. Tuesday, we got up early (for me) and journeyed to Jupiter, Florida. Taking the Florida Turnpike made it a straight shot south. Our dear friend, Joe Edgley, and his wonderful family live in Jupiter. Joe and Lill moved here from Wellsville 30+ years ago. Where has the time gone? Joe took a golden handshake from Air Preheater where both he and Cory worked. It was a good decision and the right choice for them but it put so many, too many miles between us for all these years. We've missed all the crazy, fun times we had together. Thankfully, we have kept those memories active by on-going reminiscing. I could write some very interesting blogs about those wild and fun times that we shared. Ah, to be young again! We would put in some very late nights ...even into the wee hours of the morning. No matter the time, Joe always had the stamina to get up at the crack of dawn to play golf the next day....unbelievable!
We pulled into Joe's driveway @ 10:30 AM. It was an easy drive. It was so wonderful to
Lill and their daughter, LindaLill and their daughter, LindaLill and their daughter, Linda

Everyone misses Lill so much
see Joe again. He never changes....just as sweet and handsome as ever. We sat around his dining table, reminiscing and bringing ourselves up to date from our last visit in 2014. Missed last year but Joe and his family came to Wellsville instead. Cory played golf with all of them while they were in town.

There's a quiet spirit in Joe's house. His beloved wife, Lill, and my best friend died in 2013. Heartbreaking...just no words to describe. Lill was an omnipresent person. She was everywhere and anywhere: in sight, in minds and now in spirit....Lill was a true people person: a warm & tight hugger, a kind & gentle sole, so sweet and funny. She loved to dance! She loved her family, her friends, her pets and all animals and even strangers. Her favorite song was "For the Good Times." I secretly heard her say "oh, Sandy...." as we sat and visited with Joe. I miss my friend!

Jupiter is a beautiful area....if you have never been there: go! So much to see and do in a beautiful setting along the ocean. You will fall in love with this place. Joe suggested we go to Duffy's for
At Duffy'sAt Duffy'sAt Duffy's

Cory, Lulu and Joe
lunch. Great choice, Joe! Good food and drinks. But even better just being with Joe. We chattered and laughed. Lulu insisted on pictures. She's such a show-off!

Joe wanted to show us a new Tiki Bar he had recently been at but it wasn't open (until 4:00). Rats. So we just drove a short distance along the inlet and came to another Tiki Bar which was familiar to us. We had been here years before with Lill & Joe. A great place. Today, we sat together right on the inlet where we could see the Jupiter Lighthouse, the boats in the marina, the many Pelicans searching for any fishy morsel and the Atlantic Ocean! What more could you ask? Wonderful.

We had to head home @ 4:00 PM. Always a tear in my eye as we say good-bye. Joe, thanks so much for a perfect day. We loved seeing you! .....here's to you, Joe.....friends forever....For The Good Times!

P.S. A special treat on the ride home! At one of the Turnpike's Rest Areas, they had an Earl of Sandwich restaurant. Woweee! Luckeeeey! Wonderful. Of course, I got my most favorite: the tuna melt. Yum, yum, yum. Yippee!
The Square Grouper Tiki BarThe Square Grouper Tiki BarThe Square Grouper Tiki Bar

Lulu poses on the stage
What a special treat after a special day with a special friend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Pelican Pelican
Pelican

Waiting for food
Dream Come TrueDream Come True
Dream Come True

On the Florida Turnpike


25th February 2016

visiting Joe in Jupiter
Good to see Joe again,bittersweet w/Lil gone-thanks for "sending me back in time!" D
27th February 2016

Sandy, you certainly have a way with words. I think you should have been a writer. It sure was good to see you and Cory and reminisce about our past escapades
which were all "For The Good Times". Have a good winter and I hope to see you guys soon. Love, Joe
29th February 2016

For The Good Times
Joe, it was just so great being together with you again. Our times together are not frequent so we cherish those moments when are together very much. Stay well and keep in touch. Love, Sandy & Cory
7th April 2016

Sandy I am enjoying your blogs. You make me laugh. This one is my favorite :) My Mom always use to say "Sandy should write a book" Mom was right!!
7th April 2016

Happy
Glad you are following us, Linda. It was a great day when we came down to see Joe....sorry we missed seeing all the rest of you. They are building a big new RV resort @ Indiantown Rd. We would like to check out sometime. I don't think it is open yet...do you know? Take care.....S & C

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb