Awaiting for a new passport 1st Sept - 13 Sept (Days 130 till 142)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
September 13th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Florida was not in our travel plan, not at all.
But what can one do when, on the way to Mexico in Dallas' airport, one realises that one's passport is suddenly missing?
I suppose that I lost it at the airport in LA when passing through security. Not only do you have to show proof of your identity, but you also need to remove your shoes, your belt, your coat, show your computer and... tutti quanti. Well somewhere in all that mess, my passeport dissapeared!
After a couple of nights spent in the Dallas area, we flew from Dallas to Atlanta.
We contacted the Belgian Consulate, applied for a new passport, rented a car and paid an impromptu visit to our friends Austin and Hank in Dublin, Georgia. It was great to be able to relax at their lake house and try to forget our troubles. After the week-end we went to Jacksonville Beach in Florida where we spent a full week.
We relaxed on the beach, played in the water and the big waves and got better at maneuvering our new kite we bought in Oregon!

Robson could not miss his flight to Bolivia on Sunday 13 September as he had an appointment over there with World Vision. So we went back to Atlanta that Sunday where I left him at the airport.
I spent a few more days on my own in Atlanta awaiting for my passeport; it was a good opportunity to visit some friends. A few days later I got my new passport and flew to La Paz via Miami where I met our friend Vincent who was coming from London and joined us for our trip in Bolivia and Peru.

You will find a few pictures of our Texas-Georgia-Florida adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Local celebrityLocal celebrity
Local celebrity

Grapevine, Texas (just north of Dallas)
At Austin and Hank'sAt Austin and Hank's
At Austin and Hank's

n ideal place to forget about passports
Bible beltBible belt
Bible belt

Kind of advert you find in the middle of the bible belt
In Macon, GeorgiaIn Macon, Georgia
In Macon, Georgia

Ben with Austin and Hank
The sunshine stateThe sunshine state
The sunshine state

Bynow we didn't know anymore what a passport was
SurfingSurfing
Surfing

A family surfing competion


11th October 2009

WOW!!!
Ben, I can immagine how stressful was that moment, but, at the end, it was good lose the passport! You could meet some friends and enjoy some days just relaxing!!!! Some bad things bring good things as well these bad things are the best ones!!! ;-)

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb