Sawgrass


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Jacksonville
October 14th 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

171717

The famous, incredibly hard 17th hole
The mecca of golf...Sawgrass Golf Course.

I am not a very good or experienced golfer, but to play a beautiful course makes you want to play beautiful courses every day.

A couple friends and headed to Jacksonville to play Sawgrass, "The Players Course". It is what the pros play for a multi-million dollar tournament every year and we bet for $20 who would have the lowest score.

When you walk off the shuttle bus to the club house, the staff treats you like you are royalty (which is not hard to get used to)! Everything is set up, your practice round, your caddie, the clubs, and an estimate of how well you will do that day.

Let's just say, I lost track of my score after the 2nd hole. So, my friend Brenda and I decided to combine our scores to "compete" with the men to win our bet. There were quite a few holes that we had double digit scoring and we were doing "well" for a 500+ yard drive to the hole. It is a very challenging course and I truly appreciate the pros that can shoot the ball and make anything in less than
17th hole attempters17th hole attempters17th hole attempters

Those of us who tried to hit the famous 17th hole in one shot.
10 shots!

By the time we made it to the 17th hole, after all the crap talk from the guys and the sheer backlog of men drooling over the hole, we then realized what we were looking at. The 17th hole is probably not hard to shoot at by Tiger Woods, but quite difficult for everyone else. The guys in our group, took pictures from every angle of the hole - it was like a new pair of shoes that just got displayed at Saks. It is only about 100 yards from the pins and surrounded by nearly 95% by water.

After all of us lost several expensive balls on the drive, only one of us made it on the green. During the pro's tournament they place the hole on the right side closer to the water (another VERY impressive task by the pros) and thank goodness that the hole was nearly dead center of the green. If it was not we should have shot double digits on a par 3.

If you love golf and can afford to play a course that pros play every day...try Sawgrass.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Club houseClub house
Club house

THE Sawgrass Club house
How do we shoot this?How do we shoot this?
How do we shoot this?

The incredibly hard 17th hole...
VijahVijah
Vijah

The popular Vijah Singh practicing 30 feet away from us...


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb