Around the Town in Fort Myers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Myers
December 31st 2013
Published: December 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Weather has been holding out, mostly cloudy but very pleasant and warm. Generally, we've just been heading out in the morning with no particular plan, sometimes spending the day with Miranda, Ben and the kids, other days just checking stuff out on our own. The other day, we found a Peruvian restaurant & bakery called El Patio. We can eat hamburgers and sandwiches anytime so wanted to try Peruvian food. We didn't know what to order so just asked the waiter, we found it similar to a marinated stir fry with herbs, served with rice, very flavourful. Ian liked the Peruvian beer called Cusquana.

We drove out to Fort Myers beach one day, it was super busy, I mean crazy. We were stuck in at least an hour of traffic just getting there. Ian says it's like White Rock on steroids. Lots of stores, crab shack restaurants, hotels. Nice area but too busy this time of year.

The grandkids have been busy with their Christmas presents which include a new bike for Kale (3) and a motorized Mercedes car for Kacen (1) with a remote control so you can drive him around in it by remote. They also got a ton of video games and a motorized dog named Zoomer. Ben's dad and stepmom came to visit from Georgia, it was nice to see them again.

We stopped by Thomas Edison's winter home and toured the grounds. We skipped on the museum tour because we were too cheap to pay the $25 entrance fee.

Mir, Ben, Ian and I went for a foot detox yesterday. It starts with a bucket of water which you put your feet into with an electrode plugged into a machine. The water starts off clear, just regular water. You sit there for 30 minutes and the water turns darker and darker with gross colored bubbles forming which are apparently toxins being extracted from your body. At the end of the session the technician analyzes your disgusting water and gives you a report of what was extracted. Colors have different meanings: orange means joint toxins, white cheese means fungal by-products, oily substance means bad cholesterol, etc. I would have thought the whole thing a farce if she had reported any gallbladder toxins on me (green stuff) since I don't have one but that didn't happen. Apparently the detox is good for lots of things like fatigue, arthritis, rashes, general well being. We were told it takes until the next day to feel any noticeable difference, the jury is still out on whether it works; however, it was a very interesting experience.

We can't believe it's already our last day here. We head to Mexico tomorrow morning, our flight leaves at 6 am. No doubt we will be sleeping through the end of 2013.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb