River District Downtown Fort Myers Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Myers
November 18th 2013
Published: November 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Los Cabos Los Cabos Los Cabos

Nice Tex Mex menu. We sat at a sidewalk table and sipped a pitcher of sangria.
We took a little explore of Fort Myers’ River District on a recent Sunday afternoon. Downtown has undergone some cool transformations making it very attractive.



We avoided the many parking garages and valet parking opportunities and pulled the Jeep into a free space along the street.



The annual boat show was in progress and the town was hopping. We ordered a pitcher of sangria at Los Cabos Cantina at 2226 First Street. We had a lunch date over in North Fort Myers so didn't order food; but the menu offers what looked like great Tex Mex cuisine. Our sidewalk table was a great vantage point for people watching and taking in the hustle/bustle of the palm tree lined street.



It not yet Thanksgiving but the streets were beautifully dressed with green garland and red velvet bows; making the scene even more festive.

We followed signage for Historic District and parking signs to pinpoint the district. There seems to be trolley services. A kiosk with a map of the district would help visitors.

Retail, as in most downtown redevelopment areas, seems to be slower to grow compared to the thriving restaurant
Narrow Building Narrow Building Narrow Building

Loved the diverse architecture of Downtown Fort Myers.
and gallery scene. We will surely spend more time in downtown Fort Myers when we return to Pine Island in January. There’s an Art Walk on the 1st Friday of every month, Music Night on the 3rd Friday (friends suggested bringing our own chairs) and historic walking tours at 10:30 AM each Friday and Saturday. More information is available at www.myriverdistrict.org.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Edison TheatreEdison Theatre
Edison Theatre

Love the art deco style and, of course, the palm tree and blue sky!
Ford Garage Ford Garage
Ford Garage

And you always thought Model T Fords were black.
Edison TheatreEdison Theatre
Edison Theatre

We had visited the Edison/Ford Homes and Museum on a prior visit - lots of Edison Ford influences. The two families called Fort Myers their winter home!


18th November 2013

Ft. Myers
As a traveling nurse I have lived in Ft. Myers on 3 occasions and miss it. It is a lovely town and so many nice places to explore.
19th November 2013

Agree
Totally agree - we'll spend more time in town when we get back to SW Florida!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb