Ft Lauderdale Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
January 17th 2016
Published: December 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

It's 72 degrees, and Stasa keeps apologizing for how cold it is. Ha!

Stasa made us an amazing breakfast spread of fresh fruit and coffee. We visited with her boyfriend, Esteban, and then we headed to the beach. When we arrived, a breeze was coming off the ocean and really did make it feel kind of chilly. We decided it might not be a good day for a swim after all, and so we went to some of the shops to get beach toys for Grace.

We played in the sand. Grace was scared of the water at first, but eventually she ran into the ocean up to her ankles. Ft Lauderdale Beach has a few photo ops for people, including a giant sand snowman and a cute picture frame. So, we might not have been able to go swimming, but we had fun playing in the sand and taking pictures!

When we were done, we decided we needed more coffee. We stopped at an Italian cafe in Fort Lauderdale and sipped it outside so we could people watch. When we were done, we decided we wanted to cook dinner so we could hang out at Stasa's. We went to the store and stocked up on produce and stuff to make stir-fry. We had an excellent night cooking and catching up, and we got to celebrate Aminta's birthday with cake. Friends are the best!



Unfortunately, as part of my sale fare, my flight leaves at a crazy hour in the morning. This is a quick turn-around trip, but much needed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb