First Leg of the Journey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
February 5th 2014
Published: February 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 – Ft. Lauderdale – Feb. 4, 2014



Well we made it without any incidents or any weather delays. We left Toronto this morning at 7:40 a.m. and arrived in Ft. Lauderdale on time 11:05 a.m. and in the process we went from -5°C to 25°C. We left deep snow piles to encounter large sandy beaches. The first four photos emphasize the point.



The change in weather conditions also meant that I lost an immediate 4.5 kilos of excess clothing weight, that is how much my full winter gear, boats, parka, gloves, scarf, hat weigh.



We caught a taxi to our hotel checked in and then went out to explore the area.



After getting a quick bite of lunch we took the Jungle Queen Riverboat Cruise which takes you on a site seeing tour of the Intracoastal Waterway and the New River to show off the homes and yachts of the rich and famous .



It certainly opens your eyes to how some, the often referred to 1%!o(MISSING)f the world live. While the buildings and yachts were spectacular the startling message was the number of them up for sale at astronomical prices. Maybe they aren’t as well off as they think.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th February 2014
Monster Yacht

Not a monster yacht
Seriously, it does not have a helicopter :)
5th February 2014

WONDERFUL
Keep those blogs coming. This is going to be our holiday as well. Even tracking the Maasdam. She's on her way! Put in an offer for that yacht but I don't know if it would fit on the Norfolk Broads. Gill & Roger.

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.6kb