Changes in Latitude Trip -- Part 2


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mr PelicanMr PelicanMr Pelican

Waiting for his share of the fish -- that never arrived!
MONDAY 9 APRIL

We woke up to another glorious day. So far, I've been extraordinarily lucky in the weather on this trip -- bright sunshine, but not too hot. The color is beginning to come into my face and I am losing that lovely "winter in England" hue that is so attractive.

Today was the day that we had set aside to go fishing. Before we left, Eileen and I decided that we would take subs with us to eat for lunch. We walked into an Italian sub shop and, all of a sudden, I was homesick. That smell, of fresh meat, oregano and olive oil, must be one of the most evocative smells ever. And I must say, the sub tasted just as good!

Steve, Eileen, Dominic, three more of their friends and I all boarded the boat around 12:30 and got prime position at the front. We motored out about half an hour and then waited for the fish to bite -- and waited -- and waited -- and waited. It was not the greatest afternoon of fishing as none of us caught a single fish, but there are plenty of worse things than sitting on
Eileen and MeEileen and MeEileen and Me

At least we look like we know what we're doing --even without the fish!
a boat in the sunshine. In total, the whole boat (about thirty of us) only caught three fish, so we consoled ourselves that it was not us!

To cheer ourselves up, we came back to Steve and Eileen's condo, had an extended cocktail hour then picked the rest of the crabs from the other night. In all, not a bad day -- especially if one has crabs when the fresh fish (which was originally on the menu) fail to appear.

TUESDAY 10 APRIL

After an early lunch and some shoppping (I have to spend my pounds somewhere!), Eileen and I drove down to the Riverfront for a bit of a wander. We decided to take the Riverfront Cruise that goes along the river where all the mega mansions are located. Some of them are absolutely breathtaking -- and huge. I mean really, what does one need with twenty bedrooms! It's a prime example of more money than sense.

WEDNESDAY 11 APRIL

Eileen had to work today, so I spent the entire day sitting by the pool reading a book. So much better than having to work for a living!

We treated ourselves to Greek
SteveSteveSteve

Who never lost his sense of humour about our possible lack of dinner!
food for dinner -- garlic shrimp and a huge salad. Very yummy and very healthy -- that is until we stopped for ice cream on the way home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

MansionsMansions
Mansions

Here is one example -- quite something.
Miami DolphinsMiami Dolphins
Miami Dolphins

Yes, this house is owned by the gent who owns the Miami Dolphins -- he owns several of these things!
Yet AnotherYet Another
Yet Another

My favourite -- simply because of its location.
Basic TransportationBasic Transportation
Basic Transportation

How, if one owns the Miami Dolphins, one gets from point A to point B.


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb