Ft Lauderdale and Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
January 21st 2007
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Hello,
We had a great day today,nice sleep in,brecky and then on the road. Sad that our time here is over we have really been living in another world!!!!!!
Our car is very new and it is a small van (need the room for our bags) and very comfy. We drove first in the opposite direction to Miami to see the space Centre, they were working is some areas so parts of the centre were closed,we decided not to do the tour but looked around the visitors centre, "wow" a really big place with some interesting information and heaps of visitors, tourisim is big business here.
On to Cocoa beach, this place was rockin!!!! a really nice beach and a cool set up. There were volley ball nets for all to use,bands playing and heaps of people. The Pier or Jetty was built in with shops,cafes and a really great Tiki bar that runs along the sides so you can watch the ocean from your stool !!!!! The underneath boardwalk is also built in with shops. The kids had a swim and we had a walk on the beach,really lovely day sunny and about 26 degrees. We continued up the coast and made a few stops at various beaches. By the time we go to Palm Beach it was getting dark. Along the coast we saw the biggest houses we have ever seen - just Gob Smacking !!!!! We saw a nice block for sale very small but could work - only $800,000.00 American !!!!!!!!!! After Palm Beach we took highway 95 a busier route but no lights etc. Greg drove really well ,I couldnt have, too many exits and information to follow,and it is so wierd being on the other side of the road.
We arrived in Ft Lauderdale at about 7.30,checked in and had some tea. The hotel is really large and in a busy part of a large ,about 10 minutes from the beach. Our room is a good size and comfy with a pool and spa.

Jan 21st
Great sleep in today,sunny and 28 degrees. After brecky we drove to Miami about 20 minutesfrom here. Miami Beach was really wicked, the Ocean was so blue and the waves were great. Along the beach between the road and the beach is a boardwalk you can walk along or enter the beach from it. There were cafes,bars and the back of hotels leading onto these boardwalks. We went for a walk and the kids had a swim,they caught some good waves. We drove along the coast to Ft Lauderdale beach stopping at various beaches along the way. Ft Lauderdale beach was the best, clear,blue and smooth, no rocks. There were heaps of boats,including yatchts , cargo and crisue liners. There were also wind surfers, jet skis and kite boarders. A very busy place, all along both Miami and Ft Lauderdale they have lazy boys, tables and sun umbrella's all set up it looks really cool. About every 200 metres there was a life guard tower, they were nice bright colours.
In the afternoon we went shopping. back at our hotel they had a great restaurant so we had tea there and then had a swim and spa. We met lots of people who are going on the cruise tomorrow. Well bacak to our room at abot 10.30 and sorted out our bags and stuff. We are looking forward to the cruise, today we went past the port so we know where to go,we can leave the hire car there and collect it when we get off. It was a sunny 28degree day today, just awesome!!!!
Well until next time bye bye!!!! xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



22nd January 2007

Finally the catch up!!
Hey guys!! Have just spent AGES!! reading about all your informative adventures and watching your slideshow, it has been fantastic and have loved sharing the journey. It sounds like you are having the time of your lives! What a great bonding time and memories you will each have to treasure always! Love all the hats too! Love and kisses to you all xxx
28th January 2007

Wow
What a great trip you are all having. Makes our week at Victor Harbor seem very dull, though we had a great time eating, sleeping and enjoy the beach. School starts tomorrow and our kids are going to be in for a real shock having to be out of their beds before 8 o'clock, and back into a routine. Cant wait to catch up with you when you get back - keep enjoying. Allison

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb