Visiting with Margie


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Flagler Beach
February 15th 2019
Published: February 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

blog 02-15-19 Margie's arrival

It was a beautiful day, temp about 68 with sun and clouds. After breakfast and a nice walk we had a little rest then it was time to pile into the car and head to Jacksonville to pick Margie up at the airport. Thankfully the traffic was not heavy and Watson and I were there at the appointed time.

Marg's plane landed and she was waiting for us at the arrival doors when we got there. She was smothered in kisses from Watson and hugs from me then off to the beach we went.

We took a walk then decided to head into Flagler for dinner. There was a place along the way that overlooked the ocean so we parked and claimed our seat on the upstairs deck with a gorgeous view. It was a little breezy and chilly but there was a portable heater next to us so we had the best of both worlds, view, fresh air, and warmth.

Our dinners were delicious and the sunset was behind us but it lit up the clouds over the ocean to make it special.

Sat. 02-16-19 was another beautiful day and even warmer. Marg and I went into Flagler again and had breakfast at our favorite place, The Funky Pelican. We were able to get a seat right away at the counter overlooking the ocean and we watched Osprey fishing and men surfing. Pictures. The temperature was perfect with a slight breeze to keep the bugs away and we loved all the goings on.

We spent the afternoon on the beach, I took some bird pictures then it was time to head back to get cleaned up for dinner. We did a repeat of the night before on the deck but warmer this time and the clouds were a brilliant pink. Perfect.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb