A beautiful day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Flagler Beach
February 15th 2018
Published: February 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Blog 02-15-18 Beautiful Day

The fog was present again this morning but it looked brighter and the wind was very light. By the time I had my shower and came back the fog bank had moved off the coast, the sun was bright, the sky a colbot blue, a gentle breeze blowing and it was already 70 degrees, perfect.

We walked across the street to the river side of the park and still no birds, but the park service was launching an air boat so we hung around there for a while, then took a nature trail.

It was our last full day at the beach so we had to get as much in as possible. Watson led the way down the road and through the gate as fast as we could go. The ocean was churning, so efficently it seemed to have stripped the beach clean of shells. We walked for a while then settled in to sit and see what birds came by. I had to settle for sea gulls and a pelican.

About 5 pm Judy and Larry came over for happy hour. They had just arrived at the campground for a 2 week stay but are on the river side of the park. We caught up on both of our travels and discovered they will be at Thousand Trails for a few days while I am there next.

After they left I packed up some odds and ends and started getting things inside put away in preporation for leaving tomorrow. Sad day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



24th February 2018

Watson pic
That is the best pic of him yet

Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb