Everglades national park


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Orlando to Everglades


We left Orlando and reached my in-laws condo in Hollywood.

Next day, we went to visit the Everglades national park. This was the place I was most eager to see in this trip. :-)



The Southern part of Florida is almost tropical. There are 2 distinct seasons: dry and wet. In the winter, we were in the dry season. This is the best time to visit as animals are concentrated around waterholes. We saw countless birds, alligators, turtles, snakes, fish, etc....

WE entered the park by Homestead city, and went all along to Flamingo where is the end of the road.

Different loop trails allows you to visit different ecosystems: pine forests, (in fact quite common in center of Florida), cypress swamps, saw grass marshes, mangrove forests, and hammocks, (broadleaf 'islands' in the middle of a saw grass marsh).

If you really love nature and animals like me, there's nothing like taking all the time you want in a trail to spot animals, and take pictures!

Definitively a must if you ask me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Gumbo limbo, (tourist tree)Gumbo limbo, (tourist tree)
Gumbo limbo, (tourist tree)

The common name refers to the reddish bark that peels from the tree, like a tourist with a sunburn.


Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 26; qc: 102; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb