The Big Easy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Destin
August 9th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

For breakfast we decided to try the famous cafe du Monte, but when we got there the line wraped around the For breakfast we decided to go to the famous Cafe de Monte ,but when we got there,there was a line wrapped around the whole building, which was more like a tent. So we got in line and settled down to wait but then dad made friends with a kind of matir de ( I don't know how to spell that) and dads new grill-wearing friend got us right in! It was delicous! We then went and walked around New Orleans, which I liked way better in daytime. The buildings were so much prettier by day, they were extremely old looking French buildings painted in all different wild colors. We walked all over by the stores and the buildings in the French Quarter. Then I decided I wanted to get a mask and bring back some as souvaniers. So we tried to get to mardi GRAS madness, which we had to ride the trolley, our trolley driver then made all the other passengers and dropped us off a stop later then we had to walk. We decided we prefer to only travel with our travel-guide Jan.  Next we had to make our way up an off escalator and wind around sidewalk after sidewalk, we finally made it to a giant mall-style food court with a giant store in the middle, Mardi Gras madness. I got 2 feather masks and Caleb got a "Michael Jackson" hat which he wore all day causing all the old men to smile at him and everyone else to give the rest of us with him weird looks. Since we were all already there we ate in the foodcourt where everyones food was really gross. We walked and walked (I know why city people are all skiny we walked for miles today!) we walked all the way to our hotel and got our car. We went and tried to find Brad and Angelinas house with no luck.😞 We found a really creepy graveyard though, all the graves are above ground in crypts!) Then, we were on our way to Destin! We drove 5 hours. We passed a Starbucks, of course dad didn't stop. We stopped at a gas station in Mississippi which even sold scrumptious looking pickled eggs. We finally made it to Destin and saw the snowy sand it's just how I remembered it! When we got to the hotel Connor said This looks like something off Gilmore Girls. What has he been watching? Haha I can't wait to go to the beach! 

Advertisement



9th August 2009

your blog
Hey Chan love yourblog I think you have a great flair for writing ....mabey your birth father was Ernest Hemmingway.
9th August 2009

your blog
Hey Chan love yourblog I think you have a great flair for writing ....mabey your birth father was Ernest Hemmingway.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb