Denise arrived


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Crystal River
February 21st 2012
Published: February 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I woke to a text message signal and thought it was from Dedie with a message she missed the plane. But it turned out to be a picture from Dave to show me the naked attic in their new -old house. They had a demolition party over the long weekend and got everything accomplished. Yeh crew!!

After the usual coffee and meditation I was walking Oscar when someone told me there was a manatee and her baby in the spring. Well the poor dog got ushered back to the camper, I had my camera complete with telephoto and hurriedly made for the spring. She was just on her way out so I had to run to get a little ahead to get to the platform where I could capture their image. The current is very strong, she was just riding the flow. Then there were the black turkey vultures that were so close they just begged to be photographed. Handsome aren’t they!

Oscar and I finished his walk and then I started preparations to depart for the airport to pick up Dee. We got there about 10 min after Dee got her bag so she was waiting outside and we connected right away. It was great to see her and Oscar went wild. She was his best buddy in Wyoming and he doesn’t forget. Oh wow, a new bed partner.

We talked non stop and the trip was a flash. There was a little town on the gulf we thought we’d stop for dinner. What a great place. Quaint little shops and seafood restaurants dotted the waterfront, complete with pelicans and pesky no-see-ums. We climbed the stairs to an interesting looking place and had a great meal while we watched the sun go down. I had flounder, Dee had clam strips.

Then it was off to Chiefland and the park. We realized it was fat Tuesday so we had to be a little bad. We got a dove bar at a gas station, tasted fabulous!

The park was pitch dark, but Oscar got his walk and we settled in for an early night. We are both winding down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb