Heavens Opened Up


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 5th 2015
Published: February 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The rain came pouring down all night and the camper roofmade it sound like I was under a waterfall. It was a fitful night. In the morning the sun tried to come out, but then it rained again. Oscar and I waited til almost 11 am to go outside, I showered and got ready to meet the girls for lunch. My campground is only 6 miles away so it was easy to arrange lunch with Ginnie and Kim


I made a list for Walmart to stop on the way home and met the ladies at 1pm at Oakwood Smokehouse and Grill. Of course one must have ribs in a place like this and that is what I did and was rewarded with mouth watering goodness. We had a great visit and departed about 2:30pm. After the excursion to Walmart, I headed home with plans to straighten up the camper and clean. Well, some of the straightening happened but not the cleaning. It will wait. By then the sun was out and I just had to spend some time at the dock in hopes of spotting some wildlife. The wind was really blowing so not much was about. I did spot 2 mature bald eagles flying high overhead but moving too fast for a good shot. Oscar was not happy on the dock so after too short a time we headed back to the camper and by then it was getting chilly. Down to 62!


The terrain here is different from most of Florida. It is lake country and there are lots of hills, some fairly high which leaves depressions for water to collect, hence a lake. Lake Louisa State Park is a fairly new addition to the park system so the campground is very well laid out and equiped with very nice restrooms. The roads are nice and wide to accomadate a bike lane in both directions and very smooth, no holes. The roads also meander through the park, there is not a straight stretch to be had. There are cabins for rent right on the lake complete with outside grills and screened in porches. There are also miles of hiking trails, a beach on the lake, an equestrian center and canoes and kayaks for rent. The trees in a good part of the park are newly planted pines and they need a few more years to grow. It's very quiet here except for lovely birds.


It's 6:30 and getting dark and we are in for the night.


One correction from yesterday's blog: I went to the movies with Kat not Ginnie. My mind was in another world yesterday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 93; dbt: 0.2266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb