Beach Boys Concert


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
February 16th 2013
Published: February 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Beach Boys Concert



It was a beautiful morning and after great coffee Oscar and I walked to the lake for a look see. You never know what might be lurking about. I saw an immature bald eagle at the far end of the lake just souring around, and some black vultures who are ever present almost anywhere you look. There was a family fishing on the dock and sure enough, they were rewarded with a catfish. Pictures and great excitement then the fish got to live another day.

I visited with a woman who is a full time rver with her husband. They lived in Ontario and have made one trip to Washington state, Vancouver and back across Canada. They just came back from spending 2 weeks in the Keys, loved it, and will be in this campground for 2 weeks then work their way to GA to visit friends. It’s quite a commitment to go full time, living in your rv all the time, but many people do it and love the freedom and ability to see the country. I’m not ready for that yet.

I had a sandwich for lunch then it was time to go on our next adventure. We gathered at Ginnie’s and left about 2:15 for Sea World and a concert given by the Beach Boys, the real ones. We got in using our Fun Pass and joined the crowd going to the concert stage.

It was 1 ½ before show time and the seats were almost full. We spotted a batch of seats empty so we headed there and got in the 2nd level, 3rd row so we had really good seats. Too far away to see how weathered the 2 remaining original band members were but close enough to enjoy the great show. We knew all the words to every song and it was great fun singing along and going back to “the day”.

They sang and even danced a little for 1 ½ hours, non stop, which is remarkable considering that the 2 older members were 70 and 71. They sounded the same even with 4 young members. I didn’t mention this was a free concert. Just get in the door and find a seat.

After the concert was over it didn’t take forever to exit and get on the highway but once there the traffic was heavy so it took a while to get home.

The weather had turned to windy and cold, so it was nice to come home and hunker down for the night. It is supposed to freeze tonight and again tomorrow night then warm again. We all wore long pants, sweat shirts and jackets for the concert and were happy to have them as the wind was bitter. Ok, not as bad as up north but bitter for here.

It was another great day in FL.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



18th February 2013

happy Kathy!
love it!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb