Thousand Trails and Disney Springs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Clermont
January 30th 2019
Published: January 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


blog 01-30-19 Thousand Trails and Disney Springs

I have been here at Thousand Trails for a week now and Ginnie and I have gotten into many things. We have taken the kids, our dogs, to the various dog parks in the area to meet new friends and burn off some energy. One afternoon we went to the Lakeridge Winery where they had food, music and of course wine. It was a very enjoyable afternoon but cut it short because the weather was a little cool and windy.

The weather has been less then ideal but a lot better than it is up north. The temps are in the 30s at night and some days it makes it up to 70 but they were rare days. Today was only 55 but tomorrow is supposed to start a warming trend.

My cousin Dave and his wife Nancy came on Sunday to visit and we had a delightful time catching up on family news. The weather was dreadful, raining as much as 4 inches through the course of the day but we had sunshine in our little group.

Yesterday, Tuesday, the sun was out and the temps got up to 70. Good thing because the auto detailers were here to wax my camper. They did a wonderful job and now Ahote is all shinned and protected for another few months. Poor Watson was scarred to death when they started the pressure washer, I had to take him for a walk until that part was finished.

Then Ginnie and I went out to dinner to a local restaurant that has a different special every day, Tuesday's special was sirloin steak. It was delicious!

Today after walking the dogs we went to Disney Springs. It is a portion of Disney where they have lots of shops, eating places and entertainment. We walked around to enjoy the scenery then settled on lunch at the Earl of Sandwich where we enjoyed a delightful turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and corn bread stuffing. We did a little shopping, no buying, and stopped under an outdoor heater to enjoy the music of a one man band. This entertainer sang, played the guitar, harmonica and a drum all at the same time, very talented.

By then it was time for desert, ice cream at Ghirardelli's. Ginnie had coffee ice cream I had chocolate with hot fudge on top. OH my was it good.

We came back home to play with the dogs then settle in for the night. Ginnie is going to bingo, I decided it was time to catch up on the latest news in Florida.

Tonight it's supposed to be in the 30's but then warmer as the week goes on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 99; dbt: 0.2333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb