An Extra-Long Day, and Extra-Long Journey


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.8921, -77.0241

We said goodbye to Siem Reap that night -- Anna and I going through Ho Chi Minh city and Tokyo and Barbara and Charlotte back though Bangkok and then on to Beijing. We had an unfortunate incident, with confusion over what time our first flight actually left Siem Reap. The airline had made the change and we ended up with the old itinerary, which had us missing our original flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City. I finagled us onto a later flight which, in a perfect world, would have allowed us to make our original connection to Tokyo. As Murphy would have it, that plane left early and we missed it by a few scant minutes. We ended up having to rebook on a Vietnam Airlines flight, but after an extended hassle, we did make it to Tokyo in time for a respite in the United lounge, before we made the connection to our original ANA flight to Dulles. We ended up arriving back in Washington on our original schedule, clearing Customs and meeting Allen in the arrivals area a short time after 9:00am on Saturday morning. Our original flight from Tokyo had left Japan at 9:30am their time, so we'd managed to eke out a very extended Saturday, and delayed my getting older the next day just a little bit longer. It all just emphasized to us how far away we were. Yes, again, it is really, really far……

All in all, A FABULOUS ADVENTURE!!!!

Advertisement



27th January 2017

THIS IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING TRAVEL LOGS I HAVE EVER READ! I was wonderful to read and to see the pictues! I want now to SEE the pics!!! and hear to dialogue first hand. To think: YOU and ANNA went more than half way around the wo
rld! That is pretty far away from all of us!!! love you and GLAD YOU ARE HOME b/c we KNOW there is NO PLACE in the WORLD like it and we should thank our lucky stars EVERY DAY that we live HERE! m

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb