Strawberry Shortcake - Washington DC 2008


Advertisement
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today Anthony and I went to Washington, DC. It was a beautiful day to spend outside with a friend. I picked Anthony up at the airport. His flight was right-on-time, you gotta love Southwest Airlines! We drove straight to DC and found parking, well after a few u-turns. Then we were off by foot. Our first stop was to pick up a new pair of pants for Antman. He ripped his getting off the plane and, while you couldn’t see the tear, he said it was a bit drafty.

We parked near china town and it smelled so good for 11 in the morning. We walked 7 or so blocks from our parking area to the National Mall. We stopped for pictures along the way, using the code word “strawberry shortcake” when we wanted to stop. Our first official stop was the sculpture garden. We took pictures of just about everything.

Later we saw the Capital Building, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House and a bunch of other things a long the way. While Anthony was shopping for a Washington DC photo frame, I picked up a huge pretzel for $2. We shared it on the way to the White House. There was something going on and you couldn’t even get to the fence!

After taking photos of the White House (with a zoom lens of course), we stopped by the information center for a bathroom break. Outside we took a rest on a bench that was infested with birds and squirrels. They were so used to people, that I was able to get some really good pictures.

Speaking of squirrels, Anthony makes friends no matter where he goes. I mean, I met him in Romania! Of course, he made friends with a squirrel and I have the pictures to prove it. He met his new friend at the memorial for the Boy Scouts!

On our way to the car we past a Ruby Tuesdays and decided to stop for dinner. Our dinner and blondie was delicious! It was a nice break! We didn’t have as much trouble getting out of the city as we did getting in and that was a relief. I dropped Anthony off at the airport around 7ish and made it home around 8:30. It was a great day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb