London to America

Published: August 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London to Indianapolis

July 29, Saturday

Woke up at 2:30a.m. to be ready for the 3 am taxi ride to Heathrow. It was slightly raining. Traffic was of course very light. We arrived in good time. Since the United desk wasn't open yet, I grabbed a chair at a closed bar in the same area. Some people were asleep in the booths. After about an hour of me working on my blogs, the United desk opened. I asked about getting my EU tax money back and was directed to the opposite site of where I was. I stood in line for about 30 minutes to get about $25 back into my credit card account. I then made my way back to check my luggage. I then headed to the United First Club lounge for some free snacks. I had some cheese, meats, and breads. Finally it was time to board the plane. We left at such a steep climb that one of the cabinets in the galley popped open and spilled its contents down the aisle. The trip back was quite bumpy. I slept for a short time after watching a movie.

We landed in DC. I had to go through customs after collecting my bags. All I had to do was take the luggage off the conveyor belt and walk a short distance and give it to an airport worker who put it on another conveyor belt. Since I had a global pass I only had to use the kiosk to get through customs. I waited in the Club lounge again snacking on cheese, meats, and breads again. It was time to board. Got in my seat and waited. After a bit we had to leave the plane since the assigned pilot decided not to show and a replacement was on his way. So we went back into the waiting lounge. An hour later we boarded again only to wait because the door wouldn't close properly. The maintenance crew took 30 minutes to get fix the spring that was broken on the door. Unfortunately, the AC was off. I'm so glad that I was not sitting in the back. We finally took off 2 1/2 hours later.

We landed at Indy where Mom and Dad had to spend almost 4 hours waiting for me at the cell phone parking lot. They did grab something to eat at the Subway. I was glad just to get home after all the delays.

Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Tot: 3.492s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0772s; 3; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 4; ; mem: 1.3mb