"Another day, another destiny"


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our final night in England was spent in my university town of Egham due to its close proximity to Heathrow. The brothers and I went out to dinner at the local Italian with our mum who we would be abandoning for the next couple of weeks. Despite managing to disgust neighbouring customers with our talks of how best to achieve regular bowel movements, we were somehow given two free rounds of limoncello by a waitress who Jake swears he managed to charm.

Following a quick breakfast I decided to show Sam the local neighbourhood as he had never seen my university before. After the tour of campus and a brief rant on the poor quality of the 'mock Tudor' housing, accompanied with the intolerably sarcastic remark of "welcome to Surrey", we were off the the airport for the start of the real holiday.

The process through security was swift but dull as the highlight was a stop-off at WHSmith for an intellectual discussion on what disposable literature should be purchased for the flight. After Sam coming to the conclusion that the New Statesman was "too left wing", and that Jake had already read this month's Four Four Two, we left the store without reading material.

We landed in Washington at 7:30 pm US time but, in reality, it was early morning for us Brits. Everything went surprisingly smoothly which it so rarely does. The sat nav worked, the car was better than expected and the hotel, with the absence of UV inspection, was rather nice. Tomorrow the planning ends and the road trip begins.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb