Shop & Dine - Wilmington, Delaware


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Delaware » Wilmington
January 10th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

the first weekend here in US for us..It was pretty exciting for the first timers ..exciting for me as well but not that much!!

I did what i do the best this weekend!!yes u know it!! Shopping!!It was the same last time around as well in the first week..We went to Christiana mall and Best Buy saturday morning.Thanx to Altaf who took us to Best buy and then dropped us at the mall.At Best buy i picked up some itmes of my wish list this time..thats a digital camera.I got one from Olympus for 180 bucks.Its a 3.2 megapixel with some basic features.Nothing jazzy abt it!!From there we went to the all.On the way i picked up lots of phone cards at a Indian grocery shop.I need lot of them this time around!!

These guys were visting the all for the first time.So to ensure that they enjoy it the most and donot get lost in that huge supermarket i showed them around the 4 depots that make up the mall..MACY's, JC Penny , Lord & Taylor and Starwberidge..It was around 1.30 pm when i finished showing them around..we all were hungry so we decided to have our luch at the food court!!LAst weekend before Valentine's so that foood court was house full.still we managed to get some seats for all of us.I had a veg Pizza..After the lunch we split to meet again at the food court by 6.00 pm.Everybody went their way so did i.

I usually love shopping..but i dont know why this saturday i was tired and bored after window shopping for a couple of hours..In this time i picked up some shampoos and conditioners from Milton Brown..some clothes..and thats it!!Can u beleive it that i was the first person to arrieve at the food court by 5.00 pm .Now thats an hour early than what we have decided.I had a coke to kill the time..looking at the watch wishing that it move faster!!At around 6.15 everybody arrieved.All of them got something or the other..they all liked the place very much..and were very excited to come back again!From thereon we booked the cab.The cab came in time but then the driver was new.We faced lot of delay in reaching home and some xtra money too..Paid 35 dollars for a mere 10 minute journey which was turned into a Delaware darshan..Thanx to our cab driver!!However the pinch was not much as we all shared the expenses...

Earlier that week,we had a Welcome dinner at our apartments i.e Korman Communities,hosted by NA HUB (Thats our clients) on thursday.Everybody turned up.and most inportantly they have made arrangements for some nice Indian food this time around.I remember last time it was bad..only Pasta that was YUK!The fun began at around 6 pm when we returned home from office in our daily drop from Delaware Shuttle service.We were informed abt the party well in advance on monday itself by Michele.(thats my ex-trainer.She is the Business management person for this project)So it was not a surprise!! But these guys here..they do that every time it seems..They invite all the trainers and their respetive managers at Kormans for a dinner.Its a sort of ice breaker for all.and so it was y'day especially for the new folks i.e Khima , Chirag and Lawrence.I got the oppourtunity to talk at lenght with the big shots of HUB here specially Karin Lupichuk who is VP for B! usiness managament across the HUB.We talked a lot abt our comeback for the second time,our itinarary for coming 2 months.But in these discussions what surprised me the most is when she inquired abt my marriage.She was happy to hear that even Namita is in JPMC.It was nice!Later she took us out for a drink at the Stewarts Brewary.This is the same place where we went last time around. I had a nip of white wine with Karin who accompanied us with a nip of red wine.By the time we returned it was almost 9.00 and it was raining.I went to my room to sleep.

On sunday it was valentine's day according to India time.So i made a call to my sweetheart at the knock of 12 midnight home to wish her Happy B'day and wonderful Valentines' day.Everybody was sleeping home.so it was a bit of inconvenient.Mom even said to namita to tell me to call up in the morning as the call got a little extended.That evening we tried our hand at alu ki bhajiya and later on at nite i made moogachi bhaji.I carried the same today for lunch.I am gonna try to carry something from home today onwards.This gonna save me some calories and money as well.

We are also trying for Las vegas and LA in the month of March.And NY City for this weekend.Hope everything works out well....MIssing you all..

Love,

Sachin


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb