How to Make International Calls While Travelling


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Delaware » Newark
December 5th 2019
Published: December 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

In 2019, it's an understatement to say that technology has made many advancements in recent years. With social media, email, and video calls, the world feels smaller than ever before. Even with all of these advancements, international phone calls can still be challenging to navigate. In the case where you can simply enter a country's telephone code and dial your friend's number, there's still going to be so many fees attached that it just won't be worth it. Plus, depending on the country you're calling from or to, the process can be very different. Here are some of the options you have for making international calls.



Do your research. Before dialing up that phone number, check with your phone service provider about how you should go about making international calls to the specific country you're trying to reach. When calling Canada, for example, you likely don't need to dial any extra code. For another country, you likely will have to. You can also use this opportunity to inquire about additional rates and fees for making international calls. Often, these costs can add up, but thankfully, there are cheaper options for making international calls without sacrificing a clear connection.


Look into calling cards.
If you aren't going to be making everyday international calls and want to avoid signing up for a plan, a calling card can be a great option. Calling cards are popular among many people who move abroad as an easy way to keep in touch with their family back home. When loading the card, you pre-pay for minutes, so you can plan in advance. In addition to being affordable, they are convenient. Pay attention to the terms listed on the card. Some calling cards charge a hang-up fee or a connection fee that can use up the money you put into the card, but when purchased mindfully, a calling card is a straightforward way to make international calls.




Consider a virtual phone number. In recent years, getting a virtual phone number has become more popular. With virtual phone numbers, you can connect a phone number to your cell phone or landline, and you can choose a local phone number to the people you'll be calling most, so that your loved ones won't pay additional fees for talking to you. These can be utilized by an app, on a desktop computer, or on the mobile web. This allows you to make regular phone calls without the high costs of using your regular phone service. You can find more information about how to sign up for a virtual phone number with Easy Ringer online. You can sign up for Easy Ringer's virtual phone number here: https://www.easyringer.com/.

Along with the world feeling smaller than ever, more and more people are getting the opportunity to live abroad. Whether it's for business or simply to get a change of scenery, you're likely to have someone in your life who's living abroad. Or, maybe that someone is you! Phone calls are best for quick yet dense conversations that could get muddled by email. Sometimes, a phone call is indeed the most convenient way to relay a message. Hopefully, these tools make international calls just as convenient as domestic calls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb