North Carolina to Connecticut


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut » Madison
June 18th 2015
Published: June 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left the Outer Banks of North Carolina for Connecticut 11 days ago. In order to miss the major metropolitan areas of Washington, D.C. and New York City we traveled through areas of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and a corner of New York state.

Shenandoah Valley National Park in Virginia was beautiful and lots of summer flowers were in bloom. Pennsylvania is full of rolling hills and farms. We drove through the Delaware Gap National Park and enjoyed the view of the Delaware River.

We arrived in Connecticut 7 days ago. This is where I spent my time in the summer growing up. My oldest sister, Linda, still lives in our family home. It was a fun week visiting with Linda and her husband, Tawn. We also had a few days with my cousin Ed and Chris. We had them at our travel trailer for brunch one morning with Linda and Tawn. We also had a visit with my cousins Bob and Wayne and their wives Sylvia and Jane. A great time talking about our summers in Connecticut and our memories of times together.

We visited the Gillette Castle with Ed and Chris. Dale and I took a day to spend at Mystic Seaport one of our favorite places to visit. Mystic was once the major center for building whaling ships.

We are on to Maine tomorrow to spend a week in the Acadia National Park area. See you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

18 Lb. Lobster for Dinner!  About 50 years old.18 Lb. Lobster for Dinner!  About 50 years old.
18 Lb. Lobster for Dinner! About 50 years old.

p.s. They put him back in the water...


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb