Down Hill on Bicycle 4 adults and 3 g'kids


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Vail
July 29th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.645, -106.383

On Friday morning, Sherrie and her family left for home. We all ate breakfast in shifts with different cereal, English muffins, Bagels, and hot tea.

Stephen cleaned up and put all the stuff away from his Virtual Reality stuff. Just before everyone left (Marshall family), we had a family picture taken.

Gary and Madison went for a morning walk and Ellen and Luke, G'dad and I loaded up the bikes. Or rather, Glenn loaded up the bikes on the RAV 4 and he put the bike trailer in the Van. We got up to Vail Pass, unloaded and put Lucy in the back part of the Trailer, and the 2 older kids in the front part.

We drove down to Copper Mountain and used the bathrooms, then the kids played on the play ground equipment and the hool-la-hoops.

We didn't get home until close to 12:45pm. We put Lucy down immediately after lunch, but she didn't take a nap. She had taken a nap in the trailer as they were coming down the hill.

Since we left 2 vehicles up at Vail Pass, we had Gary drive his car with Luke and Glenn back up the hill to get the other vehicles.

We ate the "left over food" from the stuff that Ellen brought. That has really helped in our food expenses. Then around 6pm, Gary and Madison went for a walk and then Ellen and Luke and the two oldest kids went for a walk. I had given little Lucy a bath, fed her supper, then put her down. She was very, very tired.

Poor thing, its hard work being a "nearly 2 year old"

Glenn and I were out near the fire pit, making s'mores. Eventually, everyone showed up. We started telling stories of how Gary fell off the top bunk at the base when he was 5 years old, or the time he fell off his bike in Samaipata, and we had to rush him back to Foinini clinic. We laughed. Also, the guys helped Dad with some work out around the fire pit. There was some old "brush" that needed to be hauled out to the street. Gary and Luke helped Glenn.

Afterwards, I gave the 2 oldest kids a bath and they were down for the night. Ellen, Luke, Glenn and I played a game of Inca Gold. I won.

Madison was making some muffins while we were playing the game. Ellen decided to do a load of wash, because they are going to head to Sherrie's place on Saturday.





Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb