Telluride


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Telluride
August 19th 2009
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

off Colorado 145 (7)off Colorado 145 (7)off Colorado 145 (7)

off CO highway 145
(days 3 & 4)

Mom has always dreamt of going to Telluride and finally, she got to go there! We spent 2 amazing days wandering around the town, soaking up the sun (we even got burnt! wasn't expecting that!), relaxing in the ginormous hot tub at our hotel. Seriously, this thing could've fit about 15 people easily, but we had it to ourselves😊 Telluride is a tiny town nestled in the valley in the San Juan Mountains. We easily traversed the streets on foot seeing as though the town is only maybe 1 mile long. The town is filled with history from the mining boom and many of the buildings are old and newer ones are built to still hold that old charm. Telluride is definitely out of our price range as far as living there, but if I could stay in a shack somewhere I could definitely see me staying there during the summer months. There was a sort of peace and quiet that sucked me right in and made me instantly fall in love with the place. We didn't do any strenuous activities, though Telluride is full of summer activities. We opted for the relaxation and made our own wandering tours, pubcrawl by night and took the free gondola to the neighboring resort-like village of Mountain Village. It was pretty there, but definitely a lot more upscale. It didn't seem quite as inviting--it seemed it may be more appealing in the winter months. After relaxing in the mountain air, we sadly drove away from Telluride and slowly made our way back to the Phoenix area. We stayed away from the major highways and instead meandered along highway 87 that winds through forests and hills near Strawberry and Payson before dumping out back down in the valley of the sun. Thanks for the wonderful trip mom! I had a blast!!

(scroll all the way down to see all pics)


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

off Colorado 145 (4)off Colorado 145 (4)
off Colorado 145 (4)

off CO highway 145
off Colorado 145 (6)off Colorado 145 (6)
off Colorado 145 (6)

off CO highway 145
off Colorado 145 (9)off Colorado 145 (9)
off Colorado 145 (9)

off CO highway 145
birdbird
bird

don't know what kind of bird this is, so if you do, tell me! thanks:)


13th December 2009

WOW
That sort of quiet you spoke of is exactly what we had at Wolf Creek resort in Eden, UT this last weekend. Love places like that! Telluride looks beautiful. LUCKY BEOTCH!

Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb