Goodbye Rocky Mountains National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Rocky Mountains
September 27th 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we took our last ride through the Rocky Mountains National Park on the Trail Ridge Road. This east west route through to the other side was constructed in 1931 and provides a panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains in all directions.
It was a gorgeous day and the temp up at the peak was about 15 degrees warmer than yesterday and the winds were not as strong so it was a pleasant day. We stopped for lunch at the same spot as yesterday and even though it was a bit warmer today it was still too cool to have an outdoor lunch. The sky down in the valley was hazy but today it seemed to be a little more clear and crisp up top. The terrain is so different on each side of the mountains. The plant and animal life vary considerably. One interesting stop along the road is Milner Pass, which is on the Continental Divide. It is here that stream flows are separated east from west and at only an elevation of 10,120 feet.
There were fabulous views all along the way. Snow capped mountains, changing leaves, clear blue skies etc etc. It was almost too much to take in.
Today was a trip from Ft Collins to Frisco which is our next stop but of course nothing is just a "trip" in Colorado. Everything is a scenic route requiring many photo stops along the way. At least that's how it is for us.
Frisco is our stay for the next two days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 97; dbt: 0.1294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb