The Most Beautiful Hikes in Colorado


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2019
Edit Blog Post



Colorado is heaven for all nature lovers. So, if you happen to visit this amazing state, don’t miss a chance to go exploring. Besides being one of the best ways to get to know a destination, hiking is also a workout for the body and a vacation for the soul. Luckily, wherever you go in Colorado, you’ll come across a fun hiking trail. But, if you’re an avid hiker (or someone aspiring to become an avid hiker) and want to know the best spots for hiking in Colorado, here are some of our best choices.

Warning!






Safety first—this is especially important when hiking, so if you’re a newbie, make sure to go prepared. Some of these trails require more preparation than packing a bottle of water, so make sure to get informed online about the equipment and clothing you’ll need. For instance, websites like WalkJogRun will tell you all about the best hiking pants for your requirements, so you don’t have to guess what to buy! It’s important to buy something that’s appropriate for your weather conditions and your style. This website (and many other websites) offers other great reviews of all sorts of hiking gear, so you’ll never have to waste your money on experimenting. Also, if you know any senior hikers, don’t hesitate to ask for advice!

Blue Lakes Trail






Now that you know all about hike preparation, you can embark on your adventure. If you’re a beginner, you can start with Blue Lakes Trail. This hike is relatively short (about 8.6 miles) and can be done in half a day, but don’t hesitate to prolong the experience and really soak up those amazing alpine lakes. The entire trial is full of craggy peaks, lakes and gorgeous wildflowers—perfect for all those into photography.

Lost Man Loop






Another short trail perfect for beginners is the Lost Man Loop. This 8.8-mile trail will take you next to three gorgeous alpine lakes and over majestic peaks and through some interesting wildlife. The reason why this hike is perfect for noobs is its low elevation. So, if you can hike far distances but have no experience with heights, this will be a breeze for you!

Hanging Lake






This is a weird trail but super fun and dynamic. Even though it’s very short (just over 2.5 miles) don’t let that full you! Hanging Lake should not be taken lightly. It’s steep, it’s rocky and it can be very crowded in the summer. The time you’ll need to make the round trip depends on your fitness levels and the way you handle the altitude, so don’t rush through it. Also, if you don’t have the right equipment, especially the right pants and shoes, you’ll need significantly more time. Take your time to climb and you’ll be rewarded with views of some pretty magical lakes and waterfalls at the top. Also, bring plenty of supplies, because your phone won’t work there and you’ll need water and food in case you get stranded. Your safest bet is to start way early, so you can beat the crowds and enjoy the views undisturbed by other hikers. Nature always looks and feels better if you can enjoy it in peace!

Longs Peak






Colorado is a proud “owner” of many “fourteeners” or mountains taller than 14,000 feet. That’s a lot of hiking potential, but if you want to see the best the state has to offer, you must climb Longs Peak. This is the tallest mountains in Rocky Mountain national park and due to that fact, it gets a lot of attention from hikers all over the world. While it’s certainly attractive, it’s definitely not for everyone. Hikes there are very demanding and only the most prepared should try to conquer this peak. You must be in top shape, top health and fully acclimated to the altitude (expect more than 5,000 feet in elevation on your trail). However, you don’t have to go all the way to experience the beauty of Longs Peak. Every part of the trail offers amazing views and a serious physical challenge.

Four Pass Loop






Let’s finish with a monster! This is arguably the best and the biggest hike in Colorado and if you manage to beat it, you’ll wear your accomplishment like a badge of honor. Four Pass Loop will take you over four different mountain passes and will take full four days to complete. However, if you’re physically and mentally ready, you’ll get to explore beautiful mountain lakes, see colorful flower fields and snap amazing shots of waterfalls. With elevations of over 8,000 feet, it’s really not for the faint of heart, but if you’re up for a real Colorado-style challenge, you’ll be properly rewarded.

Just grab good equipment, pick a trail and go. One thing is for sure, if you’re aiming to get into hiking, Colorado is a perfect place to start. This state has no bad trails and you won’t come back disappointed but in love with nature and hiking!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb