Day 14: Mesa Verde National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 14, Mesa Verde National Park: Latitude 37.23, Longitude -108.45, 65-75 Degrees sunny, thunderstorms threatened again but passed by.

Tracey, Luc, and Alec were troopers for indulging me this stop. However, learning of Ancestral Pueblo life was very cool. Yet again, the National Park Rangers provided a great rendition of early Pueblo life at Mesa Verde.

From the park entrance to the first site we toured was an hour drive. We climbed thirty foot ladders, crawled on our hands and knees through tunnels, and walked ledges to tour the home of the Ancestral Pueblo people from over a thousand years ago.

The pics below that do not show scale or people and appear as if a diorama. However, I assure you they are huge and well below the roof of the mesa.

After touring all of Mesa Verde, I asked the boys if they would prefer to live as native Wampanoag based on what we learned in Plymouth or live as an Ancestral Pueblo based on what we experienced today. It was unanimous, the boys and I would still prefer to live a native Wampanoag life as opposed to the Ancestral Pueblo life.

Tomorrow we move on to Four Corners as we make our way to the mother of all natural wonders of the USA--Grand Canyon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb