Manitou Springs - A Hidden Gem


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Manitou Springs
September 8th 2015
Published: September 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We have gone to Colorado Springs, Colorado numerous times. I love the mountains and the great landscaping it offers. There is no shortage of fun activities either or the cultural diversity. However, this last time we went we were invited to go spend some time in Manitou Springs. This is a lesser known area but has plenty to offer!

We enjoyed hiking the trails and took some amazing pictures. Some of them look like they could be postcards. We went to a dinner theater with amazing food and plenty of singing and dancing. I loved the way they pulled people from the audience to be part of what they were doing on stage. I didn’t want to go up there but sure did enjoy the look of excitement on the faces of others as they did so.

The cliff dwellings were an eye opening experience. It is easy to forget the early history of this part of Colorado. Knowing that Indian tribes lived off the land and settled here to live is quite interesting. You can walk around and look at what their habitat consisted of. We also went to Cave of the Winds. Make sure you take a jacket as even on a warm day the caves are very cool. They have a night time tour I plan to sign up for next time I come to this area.



The kids enjoyed the shops and the game rooms around Manitou Springs. They had a wide variety of older games that I loved as well as some of the newer ones that caught their attention. Even though the place was heavy with tourists, it was a really nice time. I can’t wait to go back!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb