Sam's parent's house for the holidays


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Grand Junction
December 20th 2006
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We flew into Denver without problems and then took the Greyhound bus over the mountain. There was a major storm in the Rockies and we did not want mom driving the mountain passes to pick us up. We figured after all the “chicken” buses we have been on the last six months; the bus from Denver to Grand Junction would be no problem. Well….the people on this bus are much scarier than any other buses we have been on. We sat next to the two teenagers that were discussing drugs they use while their mom, who was maybe 30, sat right behind them. There were basically two types of people using the bus: the unmotivated low-life civilians and the military. It is a shame we don’t pay our military more so they can travel in a better fashion.
We spent two relaxing weeks with family. We stayed at my mom and Buz’s house. On Christmas Eve we were able to see my cousin Nikki and her children at my Aunt Susie’s house. It was great and she is such a good mom. Scott loved when she painted the matchsticks pink to use them as candles on the twin’s birthday cake.
Christmas dinner was yummy and well worth the re-routing of the trip.
The other high point was that Scott finished his hockey thesis paper just in time for submission. Now it is just wait and see if they approve it.
We head to Seattle after this for a week to see friends and checkup on our house and cats.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb