Day Twelve


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is our final day before the flight back to Denver tomorrow. We started out at our hotel in the thriving metropolis of La Push, WA. We had breakfast at the same restaurant as we had dinner last night. But this morning, cloudy as it was, we could count 24 bald eagles from where we sat looking out the window of the restaurant. A few of them were very close and we went crazy with the cameras. After a nice breakfast, we started driving. We drove across Highway 101 to Port Townsend, one of three U.S. cities that is on the National Historic Registry. We parked and walked about four or five blocks up and back in the historic area, full of the oldest buildings, very interesting shopping, nice restaurants, and scenes of the water. We spent about three hours there, shopping a little and grabbing a snack on the way out of town. It took us a couple of ours to get to Bainbridge Island, where we drove our car onto the ferry boat for a half hour ride over to Seattle. I always love coming into Seattle. It's a great place and even though we were just here about five weeks ago, we had fun walking around Pike's Market again. We got to the market just before closing time, but it was fun to have the street to ourselves. Steve found his favorite restaurant called Brooklyn's - famous for oysters and seafood where we plunked ourselves for an amazing finale dinner and drinks. And we walked to Starbucks #1 for our dessert coffees.

Then it was just a quick trip south close to the Seatac Airport for the night. We tried returning our rental car at the airport tonight to save some hassles tomorrow. Lucky we did. There is a big mix up and they didn't have this car registered to us. They couldn't find us in their system at all, and they couldn't figure out what to do. After much ado, we left with the assurance (yeah, right) that they will figure out what happened tomorrow when the Port Angeles Budget Rent a Car opens and the lady there can clarify the mess. So we left the car there and have no idea what to expect out of that mess.

Tired, we came back to the hotel to a bad internet connection, a tv remote that doesn't work, and tired and weary bones. Tomorrow we are sleeping in and enjoying a leisurely morning. Tonight, we need to relax!

Nice talking! Sue and Steve


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb