Day 145


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
January 17th 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 145


Obfuscator writes: We left our cozy motel in Gothenburg and set out to see the Pony Express station in the town. Of course, we probably should have anticipated it, but it was closed for the season. It was interesting, of course, to see an original Pony Express station, but the tiny structure was in most respects, quite unremarkable. The Gothenburg museum was across the street, so we went to check that out. Unfortunately, during the winter it's only open on Saturdays, or by appointment, neither of which we had to spare.

Not seeing much else of interest in Gothenburg, we hit the road again. We took I-80 as far as North Platte, where we exited to see the Buffalo Bill Ranch. Once again, winter struck. The Buffalo Bill Ranch has the home he built, a small outlying cabin, and a huge stable. It looked like it would be a pretty great place to stop if it were open. Buffalo Bill definitely had some pretty fancy looking stables and a nice looking house.

We stopped in the town for a little bit to get the oil changed, and then hit the road again for Denver. When we got to Denver, we met up with our friend J, who works in Vail during the winters. We had some lunch, and went to see Sweeney Todd, and had a pretty good time I think. Later, we hit bars in the downtown of Denver, right in the neighborhood of Coors Field. We met up with a few more friends of J's, and even managed to go to a “Sconnie Bar,” complete with a cool game that's something like curling or shuffleboard. After a while of this, we headed back to our motel and crashed for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb