CCC & Crested Butte


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today is Country Club Classic Day...the aforementioned blind beer tasting event for the American Lung Association. I swapped my volunteering day so I could help prepare for the event and it was a busy day of making last minute scorecards and pretzel necklaces, moving an office full of stuff to the venue and then making the venue gorgeous. The event took place at Casslemans Bar which is downtown. It is a really nice venue, but maybe a little on the small side for the record number of participants.

I was introduced to some lovely people and enjoyed seeing how Coloradans handle their drink - better than us apparently. Jon and Jorge turned up and we started the tasting. There were 9 breweries, providing 3 beers each. There were three descriptions and we had to match the beer to the description.

There was a DJ, food and wine tasting too. A brilliant night.

16th June 2012

Felt a little tender today so we got up later than planned, packed and headed to Crested Butte. It took 4.5 hours to get to the Grand Lodge Hotel, where Jon's colleague had lent us her condo within the hotel.

The town is a ski resort in Winter, but a picturesque hiking/biking destination in the summer. I loved it straight away and am ready to retire. We are staying in Mount Crested Butte, which is made up of a cluster of hotels and restaurants on a mountain side, but the larger, main town of Crested Butte is 2 miles down the hill. It took us about 5 minutes to explore Mount Crested Butte, but I am looking forward to a hike tomorow to see some more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb