Re-entry!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Conifer
July 9th 2009
Published: July 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The 13 Conifer members of the Zambia-14 returned Tuesday, disembarking at DIA. Meghan we assume arrived 24 hours later and will look for her entry!

Trip home was somewhat uneventful -- the fastest anyone had to move occurred with these events -- 1) Sean had to quickly demonstrate his juggling prowess to a grouchy security guard who eyed the juggling batons suspiciously, saying "you could BEAT someone with these!" -- then laughed out loud as the juggling demo proceeded. . . . 2) Mike had to sprint across the airport in Joberg after he left his phone and camera in the box at the security xray . . .. . 3) all kids had to quickly shuffle to different seats on the plane when the airline video consoles didn't work ("gasp! no movies for 8 hours!?") . . . 4) most of us pathetic caffeine addicts sprinted to get in the Dulles Starbucks line . . . . . . . . . . and finally . . . 5) Sarah had to sprint through the "inevitable Welcome Home" banner greeting us at DIA . . . . !

We are re-entering our previous lives slowly, thoughtfully and tentatively. We miss our new friends terribly but are grateful to have encountered them, and happy that only a small ocean lies between us.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb